Eligible charitable and religious organizations may be licenced under the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario to raise funds through municipally licenced lottery events.
Municipally-issued lottery licences include:
- Raffles with prizes up to $50,000
- Bingos with a prize board up to $5,500
- Break Open Tickets
- Lottery Events at a Bazaar
- Stub or Elimination Draws
- Calendar Draws
- Rubber Duck Race
- Meat Spin/Turkey Roll
- Blanket Raffle Licence
All other types of lottery licences are issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Your organization may be eligible for a municipally-issued lottery licence if it:
- Has been in existence for at least one year;
- Has provided charitable community services consistent with the goals and activities of the organization for at least one year in Ontario;
- Proposes to use the proceeds for charitable programs and services that benefit the County and its residents; and
- Assumes full responsibility for the conduct and management of the lottery event.
Please note that individuals are not eligible for a lottery licence and organizations conducting bingo must provide a minimum of 3 bona fide members.
How to Apply
- Ensure that your organization complies with the eligibility requiremnts.
- Complete an application forms, as provided on the AGCO Charitable Gaming Page. Printed copies can be provided in the Clerk’s Office.
- Return the completed application form to the Clerk’s Office with the following:
- Proof that your organization has been in existence for one year;
- Proof of a special lottery trust account;
- Your organization’s Articles of Incorporation, Mandate, Mission Statement, listing of Board of Directors (with contact information), and any other information the Municipal Clerk; and
- A list of charities that may be approved to benefit from the lottery proceeds
- Payment of the lottery licence fee, which is 3% of the cash value of all prizes.
If you have any questions, Contact the Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.476.2148 ext. 1020.