Ameliasburgh Heritage Village has grown from one building in 1968, to a complex of museum buildings and displays. The main structure was built in 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church. It became a United Church in 1925 and served the community until 1967. Over the years, several additional buildings have been added to the site. A log cabin, display barns, an operational blacksmith shop, a carpenter’s shop, a sap shanty, dairy and beekeeping buildings, a general store and a large stone building housing the Goldie Corliss 18 foot flywheel.
2021 will see the opening of the de Vries Natural Heritage Collection – a collection of nearly 500 specimens of taxidermy, ranging from waterfowl to song birds to mammals, large and small, and fish. It has been deemed one of the finest private collections of taxidermy in the province.