Prince Edward County Municipal Services


One-stop-shop for all your needs related to municipal services as a resident of Prince Edward County.




Find the info you need on relocating, starting or expanding your business in Prince Edward County.


Explore what Prince Edward County has to offer for residents and visitors alike.



Public Notices:

Online payment options are temporarily unavailable. Please c...

Read More

Municipal Water Billing & Collection

Electronic Billing

Water and wastewater customers can receive their invoices electronically. The electronic bill includes the same information as a paper bill. Billing dates and available payment options remain the same. E-billing reduces paper waste and allows you to view your most recent bill as soon as its available. Download the E- Billing Form and return it to Shire Hall, 332 Picton Main Street, Picton, ON K0K 2T0 or e-mail

Payment Options

Preauthorized payment plans are available for Water and Wastewater Bill Payments. You will continue to receive your water bill – it will indicate you are on a pre-authorized plan and you don’t have to pay.  This is strictly for your information – so you know how much your water bill is.  Please complete and submit Preauthorized Payment Form to the Water Department. If you need to cancel your preauthorized payment – please submit this form Preauthorized Payment Cancellation Form to the Water Billing Department

Online Payment

Through The County’s Website – you can pay your water bill online. You can also pay your Water Bill through your financial institution. Log on to your financial bank & choose “Add a Payee”, type in Prince Edward and the search.  Look for County – Water/Utilities/Public Works – depending on your bank – it will be one of those options – Water/Utilities/Public Works.  Then enter your entire water account number.  Do not include the decimal, but include the two numbers after the decimal (for example 00 – or 01).

Should you have any questions regarding this, please call the office to speak to representative who can assist you 613-476-2148 ext 1540.

Equalized Payment Plan

The equalized payment plan provides you with a convenient schedule for paying your water and wastewater bills.

On the plan, you will still receive a regular bill showing your actual usage, but you will be making a fixed set monthly payment based on your average usage.  There will be a note on the bill showing you on a preauthorized payment do not pay.

At the end of the year, (December or January depending on the billing cycle). You will receive a reconciliation bill that will charge or credit you for the difference between the monthly payments made and the actual consumption charged to your account. The reconciliation bill must be paid in full by the due date in order to continue participating in the plan. At that time, your consumption will be reviewed and a new updated installment amount for the upcoming year will be set.

The County will contact you to confirm your calculated average monthly payments when you enroll. Download the Equalized Billing Application Form. Completed forms can be returned to Shire Hall (332 Picton Main Street, Picton, ON) or emailed to

To qualify for enrolment in the Equalized Payment Plan, you will be required to sign up for pre-authorized monthly debit (PAD). A dishonored payment will result in a fee added to your account. More than one dishonoured pre-authorized payment may result in removal from the plan. You must also have a minimum of 12 months of billing history at your current address.

If you are enrolled in the Equalized Payment Plan, you are encouraged to monitor your consumption. To avoid unexpected amounts owing, any significant changes should be communicated to Water and Wastewater Billing. Some of those changes could include:

  • Change in consumption pattern (more or less people in your household)
  • Abnormal consumption (leaks in your home)
  • Continual increase in the difference between amount owing and the amount being paid

You can choose to discontinue participation by providing written notice to Water and Wastewater Billing at least 20 days in advance of the payment due date.