Household Hazardous Waste
Disposal of Hazardous Waste
County residents can dispose of hazardous waste year round at the Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent in Belleville. To see the hours of operation and what they accept please visit www.quinterecycling.org
While the County does not accept hazardous waste at our landfill sites, we host collection days throughout the year. Mobile Hazardous Waste Events will take place in Picton (75 County Road 1) on the following days:
- Saturday, April 17 — Cancelled due to the provincewide COVID-19 shutdown
- Saturday, June 12
- Saturday, August 14
- Saturday, October 16
Please note, electronic waste is not accepted at these mobile collection days. Electronic waste can be brought to the Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot in Belleville (75 Wallbridge Crescent, Belleville) or to the Material Recovery Facility in Quinte West (270 West Street, Quinte West).
For more information about hazardous and electronic waste collection, please visit the Quinte Waste Solutions website.
Some examples of electronics and hazardous waste accepted at the Hazardous Waste Depot include:
- Paint – thinners, rust removers, glues and cements
- Oils, transmission fluids, fuels
- Ammonia based cleaners & drain cleaners
- Metal & glass cleaners
- Fertilizers, chlorine bleach
- Batteries, butane lighters
- Computer monitors, keyboards & mouses
- Computer hard drives, scanners, etc.
- Propane tanks
- Fluorescent tubes & medical syringes
Please keep in mind that electronics and hazardous waste are not accepted at local landfill and transfer sites within Prince Edward County.