Construction on the new Wellington Main Street pedestrian crossing will continue on Wednesday, September 29.
- The contractor will be installing the poles and the flashing beacons between 9 am and 3 pm on September 29.
- Traffic disruptions will occur as a result of this work. Flaggers will be present to direct traffic.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels may be elevated throughout the construction project.
- The pedestrian crossing will not be in operation following the work on September 29. Hydro One must return at a later date to make the final electrical connection. The municipality will provide a further update when the crossing is operational.
- The pedestrian crossing at Wellington Main Street in the area of St. Andrews Anglican Church will include rapid flashing beacons that pedestrians can activate when they want to cross the street, fixed overhead mounted signs that hang over each lane of traffic, pavement markings, and advanced warning signage.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.