Eligible charitable and religious organizations may be licenced under the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) to raise funds through municipally licensed lottery events.
Municipally-Issued Lottery Licences:
- Raffles with prizes up to $50,000
- Bingos with a prize board up to $5,500
- Break Open Tickets
- Lottery Events at a Bazaar
- Stub or Elimination Draws
- Calendar Draws
- Rubber Duck Race
- Meat Spin/Turkey Roll
- Blanket Raffle Licence
All other types of Lottery Licences are issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
Your organization may be eligible for a municipally-issued lottery licence if it:
- Has been in existence for at least one year;
- Has provided charitable community services consistent with the goals and activities of the organization for at least one year in Ontario;
- Proposes to use the proceeds for charitable programs and services that benefit the County and its residents; and,
- Assumes full responsibility for the conduct and management of the lottery event.
Please note that individuals are not eligible for a lottery licence and organizations conducting bingo must provide a minimum of 3 bona fide members.
To obtain a municipally-issued lottery licence, an organization is required to comply with the Terms and Conditions as set out in the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual.
Applications for municipally-issued lottery licences require:
- A completed application form (available online or print copies are available at the Clerk’s Office);
- Proof that your organization has been in existence for 1 year;
- Proof of a special lottery trust account;
- Your organization’s Articles of Incorporation, Mandate, Mission Statement, listing of Board of Directors (with contact information), and any other information the Municipal Clerk; and,
- List of charities that may be approved to benefit from lottery proceeds (It is the organization’s officers conducting a lottery scheme to ensure they are aware of, and comply with, the Terms and Conditions.
Lottery Application and Report Forms
Below, you can find a list of links to the most popular lottery applications and report forms. A full list of charitable lottery applications and reporting forms can be found on the AGCO website's Forms Page.