Household Hazardous Waste
County residents can dispose of electronics and hazardous waste year round at the Household Hazardous Waste Depot located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent in Belleville. To see their hours of operation and what they accept please visit their website www.quinterecycling.org
While the County does not accept electronics and hazardous waste at their landfill sites we do host collection days throughout the year. These drives are held at 75 County Road 1 (Sandy Hook Road) from 9am to 2pm. The scheduled collection days for 2017 will be posted here as soon as the schedule is available.
Some examples of electronics and hazardous waste accepted at the Hazardous Waste Depot include:
- Paint - thinners, rust removers, glues and cements
- Oils, transmission fluids, fuels
- Ammonia based cleaners & drain cleaners
- Metal & glass cleaners
- Fertilizers, chlorine bleach
- Batteries, butane lighters
- Computer monitors, keyboards & mouses
- Computer hard drives, scanners, etc.
- Propane tanks
- Fluorescent tubes & medical syringes
Please keep in mind that electronics and hazardous waste are not accepted at local landfill and transfer sites within Prince Edward County.