Tax and Revenue
The Revenue Department oversees the collection of taxes and other sources of revenue on behalf of the County of Prince Edward. Some of the services provided by the Revenue Department are:
- Property Tax Billing and Collection
- Water Billing and Collection
- Sale of Lands by Public Tender
- Collection of Fines (Provincial Offences)
- Sale of Dog Tags
- Sale of Burn Permits
- Sale of Blue Boxes
- Sale of Green Bins
- Sale of Garbage Bag Tags
2017 Property Tax Notice Mailing & Due Date Schedule
2017 Interim Tax Notice - all property tax classes
Mailed on February 15, 2017
Payment due by March 15, 2017
2017 Final Tax Notices - Properties in the Residential, Farm, Managed Forest Property Tax Classes
Mailed by May 15, 2017
First installment due June 15, 2017 & second installment due September 15, 2017
2017 Final Tax Notices - Properties in the Commercial , Industrial, and Multi-residential Property Tax Classes
Mailed by August 15, 2017
First installment due September 15, 2017 & second installment due November 15, 2017
Pre-Authorized Payment Plans are available: 12 month, 9 month, fixed and instalment plans:
- Preauthorized Debit Application - Property Taxes
- Preauthorized Debit Change of Information - Property Taxes
- Preauthorized Debit Cancellation - Property Taxes
You can pay your property taxes online through your bank, or through this website.
Property Tax Rebates
There are certain rebates available on property taxes, including Charitable Organization Rebate and the Vacancy Rebate (Commercial & Industrial Properties).
- Eligible Charities Rebate Application
- Vacancy Rebate Application Form
- Vacancy Rebate Program Information
Property Tax Deferral
Low Income Seniors Low Income Persons with Disabilities
- Tax Deferral for Low Income Seniors and Persons with Disabilities
- Eligibility & Criteria Seniors Deferral & Persons with Disabilities
Property Tax Cancellation, Reduction or Refunds
Some residents may be eligible under specific circumstances for refunds, reductions or cancellation to their property taxes. Please download the information document below. You will also find the related application form.
- Cancellation, Reduction or Refunds of Property Taxes
- Application Form - Cancellation, Reduction, or Refund of Property Taxes
Property Tax Change of Address
Change of Address for your Property Tax
Online Payments - you can now pay your property taxes online, through your bank or through this website.
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
Any questions about your Assessment Notice, the assessed value, or how to appeal your assessment should be directed to MPAC's Customer Contact Centre at 1.866.296.MPAC (6722) or you can visit their website.
Use MPAC's new AboutMyProperty tool to understand how your property was assessed, how your property compares with others in the community, or to file a Request for Reconsideration if you do not agree with your property's assessment.
Water and Wastewater Bills
Preauthorized payment plans are available for Water and Wastewater Bill Payments:
- Preauthorized Water Bill Payment Plan Application
- Preauthourized Water Bill Payment Plan Cancellation
You can also opt to recieve your Water and Wastewater bill online:
If you are moving, ensure you notify the County of your change of address, for both billing and mailing purposes?
You can now pay your water billing online, through your bank or through this website.
The municipality will post a list of current lands for sale by public tender on this page. If there is an ongoing sale of land, the properties and information package will be found below.
There are currently no lands for sale by public tender. Please check back in the future.
- By-law Enforcement
- Canine Control
- CAO's Office
- Clerk's Office
- Community Centres and Arenas
- Community Development Department
- Customer Service
- Fire & Rescue
- Garbage & Recycling
- GIS & Mapping
- H.J. McFarland Memorial Home
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marinas / Boat Launches
- Parks & Playgrounds
- Provincial Offences
- Tax and Revenue
- Town Halls
- Water & Wastewater (Sanitary Sewage)