Quinte Conservation Authority
Quinte Conservation is made up of three watersheds - the Moira River, Napanee Region and Prince Edward Region - each watershed has an advisory board to deal with individual watershed items, such as hearings or property issues. These meetings are usually held three to four times per year (more if required) at the call of the Chair.
All three watershed advisory boards (MRW, NRW and PERW) make up the Quinte Conservation Executive Committee, which meets monthly every third Thursday to deal with watershed issues, such as review and approval of issuance of permits and planning, updates of ongoing environmental programs and projects, budgets, media releases, staff reports and all other requests and correspondence pertaining to Quinte Conservation’s mandate.
Duties and Functions
To represent the mandate and policies of Quinte Conservation, and relay the environmental concerns of the public to the Quinte Conservation Board. Annual budget and minutes are received through Council.
For more information visit Quinte Conservation Authority.
Three (3) members elected by the board will be appointed to and required to attend six (6) QC executive committee meetings per year.
Municipalities are responsible for appointing representatives who can be Members of Council, community members or a combination of both. The County of Prince Edward appoints eight members, three Members of Council and five members of the community.
Board members are required to attend each of the Quinte Conservation Executive Committee meetings and the Prince Edward Region Watershed Advisory meetings, and to confirm their attendance one week prior to the meeting.
Councillors Jim Dunlop, Jamie Forrester and Janice Maynard appointed for term of Council (Motion CW-298-2014, Dec 4 2014).
Citizen representatives John Hirsch, Douglas Ray Hobson, Peter Keizer and Tom Livingston appointed for term of Council or until reappointed (Motion 2015-81, Jan 27 2015).
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Audit Committee
- Cemetery Advisory Committee
- Community & Economic Development Commission
- Community Grant Program Committee
- Emergency Plan Municipal Control Group
- Fence Viewers
- Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health
- Hastings / Quinte Emergency Services Committee
- Healthcare Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Livestock Evaluations
- Loyalist Parkway Association
- Master Fire Plan Working Ad Hoc Committee
- Museum Advisory Committee
- Picton BIA Board of Management
- Picton Harbour Development Concept Sub-Committee
- Police Services Board
- Prince Edward County Chamber of Tourism and Commerce
- Prince Edward Fitness and Aquatic Centre (PEFAC)
- Prince Edward-Lennox & Addington Social Services Committee
- Prince Edward-Lennox & Addington Social Services Housing Advisory Committee
- Property Standards Committee
- Public Library Board
- Quinte Conservation Authority
- Quinte Health Care Advisory Members
- Quinte Region Source Protection Committee
- Quinte Waste Solutions (Centre & South Hastings Waste Services Board)
- Recreation Ward Committee
- Splash Pad Committee (Picton)
- Traffic Committee
- Water & Wastewater Rates and Connection Charges Ad-Hoc Committee