Museum Advisory Committee
Statement of Purpose
The Museum Advisory Committee is established to provide volunteer input and expertise for the Museums of Prince Edward County within the jurisdiction of the Corporation of the County of Prince Edward.
Duties and Responsibilities
The County of Prince Edward Museum Advisory Committee shall advise and make recommendations to Council through Committee of the Whole on matters dealing with:
- Promoting public appreciation of the rich historical heritage of the communities within the County of Prince Edward.
- Encouraging the preservation of the County’s heritage in all forms and processes, including but not limited to written records, photographs, maps, architectural drawings, film footage, sound recordings, and documentary art.
- Providing input into the strategic objectives, action plan and annual review of the museums’ long term strategic plan.
- Developing and implementing fundraising initiatives to assist with capital repairs/upgrades and exhibit development.
- Developing and implementing special projects furthering public awareness of and enjoyment of the heritage of the County and its people.
- Developing policies and practices relating to: museum operations, programming, marketing, financial management, volunteer management, collection management and conservation of artifacts.
For more information, visit the museums page.
Second Monday of the month at 3:30 pm at rotating museum sites (in season), and at Shire Hall’s Committee Room (off season).
The Committee shall be composed of eleven members, as follows:
- One (1) of which is a Member of Council
- One (1) active-volunteer representative from each of the five (5) County-owned and operated Museums
- Four (4) citizen appointees
- One (1) representative from the Prince Edward Historical Society.
For the term of Council or until reappointed.
Steve Ferguson, Prince Edward Historical Society
Elizabeth Rolston, Ameliasburgh Historical Village
Michael Miller, Macaulay Heritage Park
Lynda McGregor, Mariners Park Museum
Susan Rose, Rose House Museum
Suzanne O'Connor,Wellington Heritage Museum
- Council Members
Jennifer Lyons, Museum Head Curator
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Audit Committee
- Cemetery Advisory Committee
- Community & Economic Development Commission
- Community Grant Program Committee
- Emergency Plan Municipal Control Group
- Fence Viewers
- Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health
- Hastings / Quinte Emergency Services Committee
- Healthcare Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Livestock Evaluations
- Loyalist Parkway Association
- Master Fire Plan Working Ad Hoc Committee
- Museum Advisory Committee
- Picton BIA Board of Management
- Picton Harbour Development Concept Sub-Committee
- Police Services Board
- Prince Edward County Chamber of Tourism and Commerce
- Prince Edward Fitness and Aquatic Centre (PEFAC)
- Prince Edward-Lennox & Addington Social Services Committee
- Prince Edward-Lennox & Addington Social Services Housing Advisory Committee
- Property Standards Committee
- Public Library Board
- Quinte Conservation Authority
- Quinte Health Care Advisory Members
- Quinte Region Source Protection Committee
- Quinte Waste Solutions (Centre & South Hastings Waste Services Board)
- Recreation Ward Committee
- Splash Pad Committee (Picton)
- Traffic Committee
- Water & Wastewater Rates and Connection Charges Ad-Hoc Committee