Cemetery Advisory Committee
Duties and Functions
Guided by the Mission, Vision, Values and Objectives of the Ontario Cemeteries Act, the Cemetery Advisory Committee shall advise and make recommendations to Council through the Committee of the Whole on matters dealing with:
- Promoting public appreciation of the rich historical heritage of the cemeteries within the County of Prince Edward.
- Encouraging the preservation of the County’s cemeteries.
- Supporting special projects furthering public awareness of and enjoyment of the heritage significance of County cemeteries.
- Recommending policies and practices relating to cemetery operations including: tendering, financial management, yearly budget review, and volunteer management.
- Communication with the Heritage Advisory Committee and other heritage related municipal committees, as required. The Committee and the Clerk will keep registers, records, and books as are necessary for properly recording all acts, interment rights certificates and matters pertaining to the cemeteries.
The Cemetery Advisory Committee shall
- Meet a minimum of four (4) times per year, at the call of the Chair;
- The Committee may meet at any other time, as directed by Council.
For the term of Council or until reappointed.
The Committee shall be composed of a total of 5 members, comprised as follows:
- One (1) Member of Council
- (4) citizen representatives Non-Voting Members
- One (1) representative from Glenwood Cemetery Board
- One (1) representative from Wellington Cemetery Board
For More Information: Visit the cemeteries page.
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Audit Committee
- Cemetery Advisory Committee
- Community & Economic Development Commission
- Community Grant Program Committee
- Emergency Plan Municipal Control Group
- Fence Viewers
- Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health
- Hastings / Quinte Emergency Services Committee
- Healthcare Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Livestock Evaluations
- Loyalist Parkway Association
- Master Fire Plan Working Ad Hoc Committee
- Museum Advisory Committee
- Picton BIA Board of Management
- Picton Harbour Development Concept Sub-Committee
- Police Services Board
- Prince Edward County Chamber of Tourism and Commerce
- Prince Edward Fitness and Aquatic Centre (PEFAC)
- Prince Edward-Lennox & Addington Social Services Committee
- Prince Edward-Lennox & Addington Social Services Housing Advisory Committee
- Property Standards Committee
- Public Library Board
- Quinte Conservation Authority
- Quinte Health Care Advisory Members
- Quinte Region Source Protection Committee
- Quinte Waste Solutions (Centre & South Hastings Waste Services Board)
- Recreation Ward Committee
- Splash Pad Committee (Picton)
- Traffic Committee
- Water & Wastewater Rates and Connection Charges Ad-Hoc Committee